These granola bars are the perfect sweet treat if you’re trying to eat a little more healthily – they are delicious, super easy to make, and will keep you satisfied for much longer than most things you could reach for. Knock up a batch of these (it will take you no time at all!) and keep them close to hand for when that 3 o’clock slump kicks in!
Below is a super easy NO-BAKE recipe, which only contains 5 ingredients (yes, five!), however with this recipe you can really feel free to experiment so go a little crazy and let us know what you come up with!
What you’ll need to make Granola Bars:
1 cup pitted dates (either chopped up really really small, or blitzed in a food processor)*
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup, agave, or anything else that takes your fancy!)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup seeds or nuts (I used sunflower seeds)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
*Note: If your dates don’t seem sticky and moist, soak them in water for 10 minutes before you begin. This will help hold the bars together much better!
- Once you have all your ingredients, tip them into a big bowl and mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, tip the mix in and press down evenly.
- Pop the tray into the fridge for 20 minutes to harden, and then chop it up into bars.
- And there you go! Your granola bars are done! Make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy one 🙂
- If you want to make the bars extra tasty, I can really recommend drizzling some melted chocolate over them! Mmmmm hmmm! Tesco do some great chocolate in their Free From range you could try!