Mulled cider is so easy to make and it has a mellow flavour you won’t get sick of. As much as I love a good mulled wine, it’s not a great drink to have throughout the night. One is enough for me, it there’s also nothing worse than a wine hangover of any kind!
Tasty, hot, mulled cider is a great welcome drink for any visitors on Halloween & Bonfire Night, after coming in from the cold!
I’ve said it’s easy to make, so here we go!
What you will need:
- 2 litres cider
- 6 cloves
- ¼ nutmeg, finely grated into the pan
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod, halved
- Juice of 1 orange
- (Tip: roll the orange before cutting and squeezing and you’ll get more juice!)
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- Large pan
How to make Hot Mulled Cider:
- Pour the cider into your pan and place on a low heat.
- After a few minutes, add all of your spices & juice from your orange.
- Turn up the heat and leave to boil.
- Once boiled, turn the heat down and do a taste test. Add sugar to your liking.
- Take off the heat and serve! Enjoy!
Love autumn? Take a look at our Autumn Bucketlist for lots more ideas on how to make the most of this beautiful season!